Thursday, May 20, 2010

Look What We Have Done


This is the ocean on fire.

----

I have been given my writing prompt, finally, in the serendipitous manner in which real writing prompts are given - by the great Chance Williams, my co-worker and dear, dear friend. "You should explain how truth happens," he says to me. Just like that. 

Truth is happening to me, now, without me having anything to do with it other than simply asking it to show up. I am leaving a lot of things behind - my job, my assumptions, most of my belongings, which I am blissfully selling or giving away at an astonishing rate. I have finally grown up - that is, realized very deeply that I am going to die someday, and that to waste any further time than is necessary on the unending battle over resources would be to show the gift of my own life the most intolerable disrespect. 

So, wow. What an assignment.

To explain how truth happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment